Every day, thousands of new products and innovations are brought to market. Amid much fanfare, they struggle for shelf-space, mind-share, and market share. Most studies on the subject suggest that products fail more often than they should. CEOs, CMOs, and other C-Suite executives expect more from their product leaders and marketers!
Whatever your business sells, Product Management is one of the most important functions in the firm’s pursuit of profits. With globalization and fierce competition, the stakes are higher than ever, and the room for error narrower than ever! Therefore, leaders need a reliable resource for their product managers, brand managers, and category managers so these people know what to do, when, and with whom. This resource is The Product Manager’s Desk Reference (2nd edition) — the most comprehensive book in the world on the subject of Product Management. Designed for product managers and the leaders who support them, the book clearly explains how:
- 1) To conduct the research that lead to valuable market insights
- 2) To create the strategies required to drive innovation
- 3) To select and justify which products to build
- 4) To plan for their profitable creation and development
- 5) To launch them to the right markets at the right time
- 6) To manage them like businesses across their life cycles
- 7) To gracefully retire them
- 8) To align people across the organization so everyone’s moving in the same direction
The Product Manager’s Desk Reference (2nd edition) embodies everything “Product.” Written by Steven Haines, one of the world’s foremost experts on the topic, it’s a comprehensive, versatile, must-have resource for any business person who works in any company, in any industry, who seeks to successfully innovate, market, and manage products and services.