The first book written on hiring salespeople based upon 85 years of organizational psychology research, data analytics on 2.1 million salespeople and the best practices of top performing sales organizations.
The purpose of this book is to help companies hire stronger salespeople. Research shows there is the huge gap between what science knows and what businesses do! The research is not something you can easily find on the internet or in any of the human resources or sales management journals.
During our two years of research it became clear the hiring process is highly flawed from the beginning. It’s the lack of understanding the actual job, poorly written ads, misplaced ads, ignoring Glassdoor ratings, bias in the process, poor interview skills, misused assessments and lousy onboarding to name a few. It’s no surprise 70% of new hires say the job was misrepresented!
In this book we answer your key questions…
- What is the most effective hiring process in a tight labor market?
- How to shorten your hiring process since the best talent is off the market in 2 weeks?
- What are the best sources for finding candidates?
- How do companies mess up the process before an ad is placed?
- What type of ads attract the best sales candidates?
- Which job boards outperform the rest?
- How does ignoring Glassdoor hurt your response rate?
- Which of the 12 selection methods are the most effective?
- What are the 10 types of interview bias that hurt your efforts for diversity, inclusion and quality selection?
- Why use assessments in the hiring process?
- What are the 11 common assessment types and which is right for you?
- What’s the difference between a behavioral interview and a motivational interview?
- Why use a structured vs. a traditional interview?
Follow our playbook and watch your new salespeople outperform 50% of your sales organization and crush quota their first year!