It’s the revolving door on sales teams. Executives hire who they believe to be great salespeople, but the results never come – and the salespeople are let go. This perpetual cycle eradicates profits, makes revenue targets pipe dreams, and has sales leaders pulling out their hair in frustration.
Despite these issues, executives continue to try to “hire great salespeople.” That three-word expression is exactly what “Hire Right, Higher Profits” is all about. Sales management strategist, Lee Salz shows you how to stop the vicious cycle by treating hiring decisions as you would any other investment.
He begins the book by challenging readers with the $25,000 Revenue Test which most executives fail. Then, he hits readers between the eyes with the statement “there are no great salespeople” and offers proof of it! He also cautions those executives – who view the competition as their primary sales talent source – of its risks.
But Salz doesn’t stop there! He challenges executives to shift their perspective from hiring salespeople to investing in revenue. Each salesperson represents a revenue investment made by the company with the core objective of receiving a fast, high return on it – no different than when companies invest in sales strategies, tactics, and ideas to grow revenue.
“Hire Right, Higher Profits” teaches executives how to determine what type of revenue investment is needed, evaluate revenue investment candidates and get a fast, high return on the investment made in their new salespeople. In this widely-acclaimed book, you learn how to:
- Shift your executive team’s perspective from hiring salespeople to investing in revenue
- Identify the factors that affect revenue investment performance – the causes of salesperson success and failure in the role
- Scrutinize a salesperson’s resume to get to the truth
- Assemble a screening program to adeptly evaluate investment candidates so you select the right ones
- Avoid the common mistakes executives make when they recruit salespeople from the competition
- Protect the revenue investment through structured sales onboarding and enablement
- Design sales onboarding curriculum to get a fast, high return on the new revenue investments
- Assess revenue investment performance both during and post-onboarding
“Hire Right, Higher Profits” is a step-by-step, practical guide teaching you how to implement the revenue investment concept in your company – impacting both the top and bottom lines. It’s a fun, educational read that is chock-full of stories as you learn how to build a world-class sales force. The methodology presented in the book can be implemented in any company, in any industry, of any size. The book is not based on scientific studies, but rather on real-world, field-tested sales management practices that Lee Salz has developed and used for over twenty years. Whether you are a seasoned executive or new sales manager, this book has everything you need to hire right.