Disruption in Transportation and Delivery
This edition of C-Suite Executive Briefings features John Haber, Founder & CEO of Spend Management Experts. Gain valuable insights from John during this in-depth interview. John is a well-respected thought leader in the transportation industry. His expertise stems from serving in executive finance positions for the world’s largest carrier and almost a decade as a supply-chain consultant. In his current role he provides the vision and strategic oversight helping clients save an average of 20% or more in logistics spend.
About Our Thought Leader:
John Haber, Founder & CEO, founded Spend Management Experts (SME) after serving in multiple executive finance positions for the world’s largest carrier and almost a decade as a supply-chain consultant. In his current role he provides the vision and strategic oversight helping clients save an average of 20% or more in logistics spend. He is a well-respected thought leader in the transportation industry, often quoted and published in trade and national media such as The Wall Street Journal, Parcel and Reuters, John is a frequent speaker at industry events such as Parcel Forum. As an entrepreneur John has been recognized as a top three “Entrepreneur of the Year” by Metro Atlanta Chamber, collected top honors as the “TiE Top Entrepreneur of 2015”, and created one of the fastest growing companies in Atlanta receiving a “Pacesetter Award” two years running from the Atlanta Business Chronicle.
The C-Suite Network proudly hosts Executive Briefings, a 30-minute complimentary online event featuring executive thought leaders discussing issues important to C-Suite Leaders. Executive Briefings’ host and CEO of C-Suite Network, Thomas White, will interview each month’s thought leaders to provide insight on business trends.
• Jay Townsend,
Political Consultant for The Townsend Group
• February 16th, 2017
• In this latter discussion of a two-part series, we will take an even deeper dive into how the Trump Administration and Republican Congress will impact business. Throughout Trump’s presidential term, many things will affect how we do business both inside and outside of US borders
• Michael Mandel, Chief Economic Strategist, Progressive Policy Institute
• January 12th, 2017
• Businesses need to make long term decisions on everything for product development to capital spending to organizational changes. These decisions are based upon the best intelligence possible. U.S. federal government policy is an important factor in these decisions. This edition provides an in-depth perspective on the impact of the new Trump Administration and Republican Congress on business.
• Scott Paterson, CEO & Co-founder, FutureVault
• December 22, 2016
• From the Board room table at Lionsgate Entertainment to Chairman positions at many other innovative tech and media companies, Scott takes us through his process of looking into the future and building “what’s next”. Dive deeper into the future of FinTech, finance, media and eCommerce with a glimpse into Scott’s fascinating past.
- Adam Johnson, Founder and Author of the Bullseye Brief
- December 1, 2016
- Adam’s clear view of the market, honed over many years both at Bloomberg and as a very successful investor, offer participants practical approaches to get great returns from their investment portfolio. On this episode, Adam shares his wealth of knowledge specifically on investments and current market conditions.
- Devaraj Southworth, CEO of Thirstie
- November 17, 2016
- Starting a new business, department, or a business unit from the ground up is always a massive challenge for any business owner or executive. The key to making any new venture successful — without spending unnecessary capital — is to conduct hundreds of tests, endlessly challenge your hypothesis, and communicating your strategy to all possible stakeholders.
- Randy Garn, CRO, Skipio
- October 6, 2016
- The idea of staging experiences to leave a memorable—and lucrative—impression is now more relevant than ever. With an ongoing torrent of brands attacking consumers from all sides, how do you make yours stand out?
- Michael Bekiarian, CEO of Mainz
- August 25, 2016
- Hiring is an ever evolving process, and with today’s fast-paced environment, businesses are falling behind and lacking the resources to assure they are hiring experts, not just employees. Learn how your company can incorporate a strategic process with innovate technologies and solutions.
- Deidre Koppleman, Founder & CEO of PEAR Core Solutions
- August 4, 2016
- As parents, we were there when our kids drew their first breath. But what have we done to prepare them to be great leaders? In this presentation, Deidre shares her knowledge and expertise on how you can prepare your kids to be great leaders.
- Erick Schonfeld of Traction Technology Partners
- July 26, 2016
- Erick Schonfeld talks about the C-Suite Emerging Tech Council and how it will connect peers and educate members on the new emerging technology trends and products
• Dr. Brian Glibkowski, PhD CEO of sixQ Software, Next Generation Assessment Platform
• July 1, 2016
• Dr. Glibkowski’s research on the sixQ Framework (what, why, how, when, where, who) represents six types of questions that can be asked and answered to organize people management (e.g., culture, engagement) and communicate results.
- Sheila Ronning CEO & Founder Women In The Boardroom
- June 23, 2016
- Sheila Ronning answers your burning questions about the boardroom including:
- What are the four main types of boards?
- What is the job & responsibilities of a board director?
- What are the risks of serving on a board?
- Why pursue board service?
- What is the time commitment and compensation for board service?
- Ryan Phelan VP of Marketing Insights of Adestra.com
- Matt McGowan President of Adestra.com
- June 13, 2016
- Ryan Phelan and Matt McGowan discuss the importance of email marketing and understanding your consumers needs and interests. Listen in as they share strategies to achieving email marketing success.
- Rob Harles Managing Director and Global Head of Social Business and Collaboration Accenture Digital
- May 26, 2016
- The key to unlocking the power of social media is understanding influence and how it works. Rob Harles Managing Director and Global Head of Social Business and Collaboration Accenture Digital explores the traits of successful social media brands and personalities and shares insights that are immediately applicable to help your business.
- Deidre Koppelman Founder & CEO of PEAR Core Solutions
- May 12, 2016
One of the most common ways to damage your workplace culture is to foster an environment that enables drama. Once you eradicate drama in the workplace, you will find that engagement, productivity and morale improve significantly. Deidre Koppelman, Founder and CEO of PEAR Core Solutions has coached business owners, C-Suite executives and teams inside corporations explains how to understand and identify how the 3 points of the drama triangle exist and, more importantly, coexist, to help you abolish drama completely from your personal and professional life.
• Joe Hart, CEO of Dale Carnegie
• April 21, 2016
• Dale Carnegie Training conducted a study of 1,500 employees to uncover the most important aspects of leadership for inspiring and motivating employees in the current business environment. From that research came a model of R.E.A.L. Leadership, encompassing four key leadership attributes (Reliable, Empathetic, Aspirational, and Learner) that consistently bring out people’s best. Dale Carnegie CEO, Joe Hart, shares findings that explore the importance of being a REAL leader, and how specific characteristics of this leadership model can drive employee engagement across regions.
• Matt Preschern, CMO & Executive Vice President of HCL Technologies
• April 7, 2016
• Taking your brand on a journey to digital transformation is not a choice anymore. It is an absolute must for all 21st century enterprises to transform their company for the digital world. More than ever before, marketers must engage a diverse, global audience in an increasingly crowded digital landscape. While intensifying competition presents challenges, it also drives innovation rewarding brands committed to achieving digital maturity to drive top line growth.
• Kevin Young and Karen Gauthier
• February 11, 2016
• Industry veterans Kevin Young and Karen Gauthier have helped Federal Contractors of all shapes, sizes and portfolios survive and thrive. They are considered “Your Federal Government Trusted Advisors™ for Targeting, Engaging, Winning and Sustaining Business in the World’s Largest Market.”
• Deidre Koppelman, Founder and CEO of PEAR Core Solutions
• January 21, 2016
• If there was one word, one action, that could convert your entire business into a place where employees were engaged, clients were happy to do business with you (and they referred you business) and your biggest challenge was growth in sales and it was not difficult to achieve….would you do it? Developing and growing empathy in the workplace will achieve all of these results, and more. Deidre Koppelman, Founder and CEO of PEAR Core Solutions has measured actual empathy results inside corporations and increased bottom line profitability using empathy as a key ingredient to developing leaders at all levels.
• Michael Houlihan and Bonnie Harvey, Barefoot Wine Founders & Co-Authors of the “The Barefoot Spirit”
• January 7, 2016
• What happens when you fit every employee in your company into one of two divisions: sales or sales support? Suddenly, everyone knows his or her “real” job is to create customer and coworker experiences that drive sales. This shift in perception will drive every decision your employees make. Michael Houlihan and Bonnie Harvey built the iconic Barefoot Wine (a top global brand) using this simple business structure.
• Craig Binkley, CEO of Northstar
• December 17, 2015
• As Big Data has changed the way companies think about their base of knowledge of their customers, the importance of understanding the humans behind all those numbers, algorithms and models is becoming even more critical. In this discussion, Craig Binkley, CEO of Northstar, a global insights consultancy, will discuss how companies of all kinds must re-commit themselves to better customer understanding as they endeavor to build a more data-driven, customer-centric experience.
• Cody Pearce, Chief Operating Officer of Nelson Schmidt Inc.
• November 19, 2015
• Today’s buyer is in control of their unique purchase journey, and the old ways of communicating are simply no longer effective. In this webinar, Cody Pearce – Chief Operating Officer of Nelson Schmidt Inc. – will outline an evolved marketing approach that focuses on customer journey mapping and involves intimate understanding of customer mindset – what they are thinking, doing, experiencing and feeling – throughout the decision-making process. With this in mind, he will share how the full-service marketing agency is applying new tools and processes as part of this approach.
• Jeff Lowe, VP Marketing, SMART Technologies & Tricia Benn, Managing Director US, Northstar
• October 15, 2015
• With the increasing complexity of information and interactions, collaboration between companies, their customers and external partners has become a key issue. We explore the underlying problems and what best practice companies are doing to turn great collaboration into a competitive advantage. With all the information we have, we still don’t understand our customers. In the second half of the event, we explore how to turn the mountains of information we have into true business intelligence.