HOW CAN C-SUITE RADIO HELP ME LAUNCH A PODCAST?HOW CAN C-SUITE RADIO HELP ME LAUNCH A PODCAST? https://c-suitenetwork.com/advisors/wp-content/themes/csadvisore/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 Mitchell CopperStad https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/de7546aec743b485bdffadcb27995e11?s=96&d=mm&r=g
What’s the Best Type of Podcast for My Business?
If you ask that question to 10 different podcasters on C-Suite Radio – you’ll get at least 15 different answers.
That’s the beauty of podcasting – there is no “one size fits all”– so the only person who holds that answer is you. But C-Suite Radio is here to guide you and make sure you’re asking the right questions.
Why Get into the Podcasting Game?
Currently, 72% of business owners make podcasts a part of their daily routine – so the audience is certainly out there! But as we all know, time is a finite resource, which they spend wisely – so you need to stand out. C-Suite Radio will help turn up the volume on your business!
Why C-Suite Radio?
Think of C-Suite Radio like a personal trainer for your podcast – we are here to help guide you and provide the resources you need to get results and make your podcast as strong as it can be.
Included with your C-Suite Network Contributor Membership, C-Suite Radio provides an array of podcast services, like consulting, distribution, dynamic ad insertion, access to vetted guests, access to other podcasts, and more. Check out the C-Suite Network Contributor Dashboard to get started!
What Do I Need to Get Started?
Your first step should be to develop a sound strategy and identify the goals of your podcast up front – are you looking to build an audience for your personal brand? To further your business objectives? To make money through advertising? All of the above?
Some other things to consider are – what format will appeal to my business audience? What’s the attention span of my audience? How long should my episodes be to maximize listenership and also allow me to monetize them with advertising?
Once you’re confident in your strategy, you’re ready to take the next step!
How Do I Turn it On?
At the heart of all great podcasts is a powerful hosting platform. Your podcast on C-Suite Radio will be hosted by Megaphone – a premiere platform built by podcasters, for podcasters. Reach out to us here and we’ll get you started.
Once active, you will receive your unique RSS feed – the conduit that enables your podcast to be accessible by listeners on C-Suite Radio, and also turns on advertising to monetize your podcast. So if Megaphone is the “heart” of your podcast, think of your RSS feed as the “arteries.”
Once you’re up and running, you’ll then funnel your RSS feed to other popular podcast directories, such as Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher – the “organs” to get your podcast moving and quickly build your audience.
Once Active, What Assets Will I Need?
Make an impact with your podcast and enable it to stand out! Here are the assets required to get your podcast loaded and available on C-Suite Radio:
- Podcast Title | Keep it short, make an impact and make it relevant to episode content
- Podcast Description | 3 – 5 sentences that “hook” listeners into your show – remember they only have so many hours in a day, so make it good!
- Podcast Artwork | 3000px x 3000px png or .jpg is needed – a member of C-Suite Radio’s team will add the official C-Suite Radio swoop
- Podcast Category | Review the options provided and select the category your podcast fits the best to help your podcast get discovered
- Podcast Slug | Consider it the ‘username’ for your podcast, most commonly it is the condensed title, all one word – all lowercase
- Rating | There is no standard body saying you have to mark it “clean” or “explicit” – but the last thing you want is little Timmy saying they learned a new word/topic from your podcast
- Trailer Episode | Podcast directories (like Apple Podcasts, Spotify, etc…) will not accept a podcast submission unless an .mp3 file is published. This can be 15 seconds to 3 minutes long – some podcasts use their professionally produced podcast intro and some just talk for a minute about their podcast. Some podcast directories take up to four weeks to accept submissions – and the Trailer Episode is something you can take down after you publish your first few episodes. Learn more about the podcast submission process here.
Ready to Join C-Suite Radio?
Ready to turn up the volume on your business? We’re here to get you started on your journey to podcast success – click here!
Happy [soon-to-be] podcasting!