McDonalds just sold $23.22 billion worth of food last year thanks to Ray Croc, the eccentric founder who was the first restaurant owner to apply Henry Ford’s assembly line to mass assemble hamburgers in 1955.
They’ve sold over 300 billion hamburgers since then…
Everyone knows they sell a shit load of food, but the numbers are truly mind blowing. Sales stats below but here’s the satisfying video…(even though it’s probably sponsored)…
Holy S#@! This is How Much Meat McDonalds Sells in One Year?
McDonald’s sells around 75 burgers per second in their fleet of approximately 36,000 stores. That equates to:
- 4,500 burgers per minute
- 270,000 burgers an hour
- 48 million in one day
- 36 billion burgers every. Single. Year
In the US market alone, McDonald’s processes over 400,000 pounds of meat every day. That’s 1billion pounds of beef and more than 500 million cups of coffee every year.
In addition to the Mount Everest size stack of cheeseburgers they sell, McDonalds sells over 300 million pounds of chicken and 150 million pounds of fish each year too..
In fact, a single McDonald’s food production plant can process 3 million hamburger patties every single day. Turning cheeseburgers into a goldmine. Here’s how big it is…
So How Much Money Does McDonalds Make Selling All That Grub?
Here’s a peek inside McDonald’s quarterly revenue history and growth rate from 2010 to 2022:
- McDonald’s revenue for the quarter ending March 31, 2022 was $5.666B, a 10.56% increase year-over-year.
- McDonald’s annual revenue for 2021 was $23.223B, a 20.9% increase from 2020.
- McDonald’s annual revenue for 2020 was $19.208B, a 10.09% decline from 2019.
- McDonald’s annual revenue for 2019 was $21.364B, a 0.5% increase from 2018.