Automate the Process, Never the Relationship Featuring Matthew Barnett
- Prioritize your company culture above anything else. When customers purchase from you, they’re really buying into your culture.
- The first thing you do should be to define your company’s culture and values. Do this early on with intention instead of waiting for it to happen accidentally in the future. Be specific about what your values are.
- Assemble a team of your colleagues and employees and work together to define and refine your company’s culture. The people you hire affect the culture you build—for better and worse.
- Any time you communicate with your customers, make sure you do so in alignment with your values.
- Find the customers that align with your culture and values. Don’t be afraid to “fire” customers if they aren’t a good fit.
- Creating an amazing customer service experience really comes down to the idea of delight. Any company can delight their customers.
- Build a process where you work delight into various points along the customer journey. The first step is to map out your customer journey and then recognize those opportunities.
- It can be difficult to work in delight into an online business—but the opportunity is HUGE. Again, it’s all about mapping the journey (which can be easier online) and putting a process in place.
- Creating processes for amazement will eventually become part of your company’s culture. Employees will love it and customers will become “superfans.” This helps you build a great reputation.
- Automate the processes you build, but never your relationships. Never sacrifice the human element.Quote:
“It all comes down to the idea of delight. It’s an underutilized word. Have a process for working surprise and delight into every single customer journey.”About:
Matthew Barnett is the CEO and “Papa Bear” of Bonjoro. Originally trained as a designer and artist, Matthew is committed to building both great products and great culture. His goal is to be the next Zappos—the most loved brand in the world.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices