How Chatbots Can Deliver Better Customer Service Featuring Philippe Mesritz
- Now more than ever, it’s incredibly important to pay attention to your digital customer experience. Most organizations have made the move to virtual, and all should understand how their customers are connecting with them.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated what was already starting to happen in terms of technology. We have been thrust 3-5 years into the future.
- Technology allows brands to reach customers where they are rather than forcing customers to come to brands. It also helps brands communicate more effectively with their customers for a faster, better experience overall.
- Both customers and chatbots must be able to decide when to switch from AI to a human being. And, it should be an easy and seamless transfer. Otherwise, customers may end up frustrated with the experience.
- People use AI all the time without realizing it. It’s important to remember that even big, well-known bots (such as Amazon Alexa and Google Home) that are powered by massive AI can still make mistakes.
- Bots can be just as—if not more—effective in supporting agents behind the scenes as assisting customers on the front line.
- Train your agents how to interact with and interpret your chatbot. Working together, agents and chatbots can provide a much better experience to the customer.
- Your chatbot should work side-by-side with your CRM to help agents better understand your customers. A single pane of glass, with all the customer’s information, is ideal!
- Chatbots will not replace agents. Instead, the roles of those agents will change and evolve alongside chatbots.
- Both humans and chatbots have their strengths. Chatbots are good at automation, speed and efficiency, whereas humans excel at critical thinking and relationship development. You can’t automate a relationship!Quote:
“Think about your customers’ digital experience as the first solution, the first frontier and the thing your company wants to solve for.”About:
Philippe Mesritz is the first VP, Customers for Life at Khoros, a tech company that helps companies better connect with their customers online. He has over 20 years of customer-facing experience and previously ran the support services organization.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices