Mystery Shop Your Customer Experience Featuring Claire Boscq-Scott
- It’s important for any and every business to measure the level of service they provide. After all, you can’t change what you don’t measure. Mystery shopping is one method of measuring the customer experience a business provides.
- When designing a mystery shopping or other measurement/feedback program, it’s important to first understand what you’re trying to measure.
- Follow the customer journey as closely as possible to get the best read on what the customer experience is like.
- Mystery shopping and measurement programs are effective everywhere—in both B2B and B2C businesses and both inside and outside the organization.
- Measuring your customer service and experience gives you an objective perspective of what works and what doesn’t work.
- Once you get your results, you must use them. Develop new strategies and implement training where it’s needed. Continue to measure. Identify gaps and celebrate success. Over time, this will vastly improve your CX.
- Design and roll out an internal program before an external one. In other words, focus on your employees and their experience first. Get everyone in alignment with your mission and how they play a part in the customer journey.
- Remember that the beliefs and behaviors of leaders and managers will be passed on to employees. Leadership must model the actions and attitudes they want to see in their employees. It starts at the top.
- Now, more than ever, companies must take care of their customers, across every touchpoint and channel. Start by putting people (employees and customers) at the center of your business and show that your truly care.
“Being able to measure customer service gives you feedback on where to develop new strategies and implement training. Then, measure again to identify gaps and celebrate success.”
Claire Boscq-Scott is keynote speaker, consultant and trainer specializing in retail and hospitality with over three decades of mystery shopping and customer service experience. She is the author of three books, the latest of which is The Secret Diary of a Mystery Shopper.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices