Machine Learning in the Customer Experience Featuring Cameron Weeks
- Many customers believe that companies don’t about customer service. If this were true, the customer support center or department would not exist. However, companies don’t often have the technological tools to provide a great experience.
- The customer support department and contact centers have undergone a change over the past decade. They are no longer viewed as a cost, but a source of profit.
- Frontline customer service agents have valuable information and data about the customer. Ideally, this information will trickle up to management and leadership to further improve CX.
- The life of a customer service representative can be difficult and there is often a high turnover rate in these positions. Sources of difficulty and stress include upset customers, a lack of resources and frustration with technology they are using (the need to switch between too many programs).
- Companies need to examine what they ask of their CX agents and work to eliminate points of difficulty and stress. If agents are treated better, they will treat customers better.
- It is crucial for companies to adopt an omnichannel system for customer communication. This allows for customers to have a single conversation with a company that spans over multiple channels, rather than a separate conversation on each channel.
- Machine learning and similar technology is now a requirement to deliver a good customer experience.
- Technology can assist companies in proactive service—reaching out to customers before a problem arises.
- Before deploying machine learning, AI and other tech to your customers, utilize it internally first. Use new technology to create a better employee experience, and it will result in a better customer experience down the line.Quote:
“Machine learning is not an option in customer service anymore. It is a requirement.”About:
Cameron Weeks is co-founder and CEO of Edify Labs. He guides the team to think and act differently when it comes to changing the way companies connect with their customers and employees interact with each other.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices