Digital Customer Service featuring Rick DeLisi and Dan Michaeli
Shep Hyken interviews Rick DeLisi and Dan Michaeli, authors of Digital Customer Service: Transforming Customer Experience for An On-Screen World. They discuss why customer-centric companies need digital transformation.
· Digital Customer Service is about interactions that take place on-screen or have a component of on-screen enhancements (on-screen automation, on-collaboration, on-screen communication).
· Virtually every service experience starts as self-service. When a customer goes into a company's website or mobile app, they are at the beginning of their digital self-service journey.
· In a Digital Customer Service interaction, the customers are already logged in and have already begun their search for answers. If and when a human-to-human interaction is needed, the customer support agent should be able to know who the customer is and what they are looking for.
· US companies alone still receive more than one billion incoming phone calls every year. Many companies claim to be customer-centric yet still expect customers to call them when they need help even in today's on-screen world.
· Whether you are a B2B or a B2C business, your customers have learned what the best digital experience looks like from the most successful companies.
"Customers are now "on-screen" and companies need to meet them on the channels that they are using to enhance the effectiveness, efficiency, and experience of every interaction."
Rick DeLisi is the co-author of the best-selling book, The Effortless Experience. He has been researching the psychology of customer behavior and expectations in service for the past two decades
Dan Michaeli is the CEO of New York-based Glia, a leader in helping companies reinvent how they serve their customers. He develops solutions that create world-class digital customer experiences for “traditional” non-digital-native organizations.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices