Building a National Brand Using a Book featuring Bew White
Building a National Brand Using a Book
– Publish. Promote. Profit. with Rob Kosberg Episode 104 Bew White
In 2013 Bew White was named Entrepreneur of the Year by the Society of International Business Fellows and in 2021 he received a Lifetime Achievement Award from the International Casual Furnishings Association. He is also the subject of the well-received biography A Summer Classic: The Bew White Story by Christopher Taunton.
Bew graduated from Auburn University in 1972 with a degree in textile engineering. The phrase “outdoor living” had hardly been coined, as outdoor furniture was simply known as a table and chairs you would find on a basic patio deck.
At just 28 years old, Mr. White left his job at his family-owned business, Avondale Mills, and started a sales representative company in 1978 called Vista Corporation, specializing in selling outdoor furniture. In 1987, Bew started multiple companies in an effort to expand from selling on the road to building a national brand. One of those companies was Summer Classics, which was created around Bew’s thought of designing and manufacturing products that he would want for his own backyard. With a business model based on creating products that were consumer driven, would stand the test of time, and would not go out of style, Summer Classics officially took off in 1987.
Listen to this informative Publish. Promote. Profit. episode with Bew White about building a national brand using a book.
Here are some of the beneficial topics covered on this week’s show:
- How writing a book is hard work and takes time but is worth it in the end.
- How entrepreneurs have six traits and what those traits are.
- Why business owners should continue to push through when they make a mistake.
- How liking a company and its culture persuades people into becoming your clients.
- Why many business owners are stuck in a box that prohibits them from growing.
Connect with Bew:
Guest Contact Info:
Connect with Rob:
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices