05: Define Success On Your Own Terms
As Debbie Allen was writing her latest book, Success Is Easy, she would interview people on how they defined success, and each person had a completely different answer than the person before. What struck her was how they defined success by their own terms.
Join Debbie as she shares honest wisdom to help you succeed.
- You don’t want someone to define your success. This is something that is very individual to each person.
- Looking for others’ approval: it doesn’t matter! Don’t wait for the approval of others, look for your own approval.
- 3 Steps to Defining Your Own Success:
- Discover why success is important to you.
- Uncover your drive to move past obstacles.
- Start by taking the first step.
- The #1 reason most people don’t succeed is that they don’t take the time to really define what they truly want.
- You must have awareness, and know what you want, then write it down!
- If you believe success is what everybody else says it is, you’ll always miss the target.
- Stop comparing yourself to others.
- By understanding and valuing who you are and why you desire success, it’s easier to tap into your true value by becoming more aware of your strengths, your skills, and your existing knowledge.
- Start listening to your inner promptings and see what you will start discovering.
- When you follow what success means to you, it will lead you in the right direction.
- Take full responsibility of your direction once you have defined it.
- If roadblocks get in the way, you will knock it down because you have goals to achieve.
- Define your core values around the success that you want.
- Your success is not defined by others. It’s only defined by yourself. Success is defined by knowing what you want most in life and most of all, believing that you can achieve it.
Podcast - Listen & Subscribe!
Buy Debbie’s Book and Get Some FREE GIFTS from Debbie and Her Friends!!
Success Is Easy: Shameless, No-Nonsense Strategies to Win in Business, by Debbie Allen
Check Out Debbie’s World Premier Book Launch Event in Scottsdale, AZ!
Coming in January 2020
NEW!!!! Debbie’s Online “Highly Paid Expert Academy”
Colleen Gallagher, international speaker, published author, and entrepreneur, battled cancer...
Debbie Allen discusses how to overcome worry and doubt when...
Debbie Allen shares her thoughts on what is called “Imposter...
As we enter 2020 with our goals and our plans...
We all go through challenging times and go through big...
As Debbie Allen was writing her latest book, Success Is...
If you want to be successful, you have to get...
Success is Easy when you remove obstacles. Obstacles are simply...
On today’s episode of “Success is Easy”, you’ll hear from...
Debbie Allen talks about her journey to get to Success...