and New York Times bestselling author Shep Hyken, who interviews leading business
professionals and other customer experience professionals. Each guest shares insights
and tips on how to succeed and create amazing customer experiences.
The bright business minds featured on Amazing Business Radio come from all over
the world. They include viral video stars, corporate CEOs, bestselling authors, thought
leaders, and many other inspiring personalities. The show brings a variety of topics
related to customer service and customer experience to provide the answers that
C-Suite listeners will want to know to take their success to the next level.
Understanding How the 7 Levels of Energy Affects Customer Service Featuring Natalya Berdikyan
- There are two types of energy: Catabolic energy (levels 1 and 2) is the draining and destructive energy. Anabolic energy (levels 3 to 7) is the constructive and healing energy.
- Level 1: The state of being a victim. In other words, where the customer or the customer service agent feels like there is no solution.
- Level 2: The Antagonist – Seeing everything through the lens of conflict. This is the ‘I win, you lose’ state.
- Level 3: The Rationalizer – People start to take responsibility for their thoughts, feelings, and actions. Therefore, this is where collaboration begins.
- Level 4: The Helper – Empathy kicks in. This level is about providing service and making sure that customers win. People at this level are prone to becoming overwhelmed from giving too much.
- Level 5: The Collaborator – Whatever challenges your customer is facing faces, you always find an opportunity for improvement and provide a win-win solution.
- Level 6: The Connector – This is where customer service is there to support the customers and connect with other departments in the company who can help.
- Level 7: The Creator State – This is where winning and losing are an illusion. It is knowing that you are doing the best you can no matter the result.
“People like being around people with great energy. Even if you don’t have the exact solution for the customer, letting them know that you are on their side creates a positive experience.“
Natalya Berdikyan is the founder and CEO of Life By Design Academy and Frontline Consulting. She helps individuals and organizations grow to their full potential beyond existing borders and boundaries.
Shep Hyken is a customer service and experience expert, New York Times bestselling author, award-winning keynote speaker, and your host of Amazing Business Radio.
swipe to see more