and New York Times bestselling author Shep Hyken, who interviews leading business
professionals and other customer experience professionals. Each guest shares insights
and tips on how to succeed and create amazing customer experiences.
The bright business minds featured on Amazing Business Radio come from all over
the world. They include viral video stars, corporate CEOs, bestselling authors, thought
leaders, and many other inspiring personalities. The show brings a variety of topics
related to customer service and customer experience to provide the answers that
C-Suite listeners will want to know to take their success to the next level.
The Voice of the Customer Featuring Stacy Sherman
- It’s important to consider and optimize CX across the board, but especially within three key areas: digital channels and e-commerce, sales and the frontline, and especially new product development.
- Very few companies take the customer experience into consideration when designing new products. Incorporate the customer’s voice throughout that process and give them a seat at the table from the very beginning.
- Poll the customers and personas to whom you’re marketing and find out their wants and needs. Create your product using that information.
- Customer service is a key component of the customer experience. Ensure every employee understands their role within the larger customer experience, even if they never interact directly with the customer.
- Celebrate your customers and the employees who create excellent experiences. Make it a part of your culture. If you choose to celebrate and devote a day or a week to CX (similar to National Customer Service or CX Week), don’t forget that it’s still a year-round effort.
- Positive change within customer experience and company culture must start from the top. Executives must be fully on board for it to become a part of the culture. They must be role models and champions of the CX initiative.
“Infuse the customer voice within the development of new products. Make sure the customer is at the table right from the beginning.”
Stacy Sherman is the Director of Customer Experience & Employee Engagement at Schindler Elevator Corporation. She designs and implements successful customer-centric programs and other projects for well-known brands.
(Please note that all views expressed are Stacy’s and do not reflect the opinions of or imply the endorsement of employers or other organizations.)
swipe to see more