How can your organization build an environment that promotes teamwork and collaboration among a diverse group of people?
How do you deal with someone who has a different perspective from yours?
Join Annemarie Shrouder, the foremost expert on issues about diversity and equity, as she talks about the power of inclusion and its value in making diversity work in an organization.
She’ll discuss about the importance of “bringing down your blinders” while acknowledging the fact that each of us have unique perspectives. She’ll tackle the challenges of changing the culture of an organization while accommodating inclusion in the workplace. Finally, she’ll reveal the value of bringing something more into the workplace by embracing your uniqueness.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How did Annemarie start working on diversity and inclusion.
- The power of inclusion and what it means.
- What is “insider/outsider” status and how it relates to work performance.
- How to take care of gender diversity in such a way that women get the feeling of inclusion especially in a male dominated industry.
- How to help people raise awareness about their own biases or “lens” that create/sustain barriers to inclusion.
- What makes trainings and workshops effective in promoting an inclusive environment inside an organization.
- The challenges of changing the culture in an organization.
swipe to see more