and New York Times bestselling author Shep Hyken, who interviews leading business
professionals and other customer experience professionals. Each guest shares insights
and tips on how to succeed and create amazing customer experiences.
The bright business minds featured on Amazing Business Radio come from all over
the world. They include viral video stars, corporate CEOs, bestselling authors, thought
leaders, and many other inspiring personalities. The show brings a variety of topics
related to customer service and customer experience to provide the answers that
C-Suite listeners will want to know to take their success to the next level.
The Customer is Your Bottom Line Featuring Horst Schulze
- Everything you learn comes from others. Everyone has an obligation to share what they learn so that more people may benefit. Pass on what you have learned.
- No matter what the outcome of your business is, it all starts with your employees doing the job they’re supposed to do.
- In order for your business to succeed, you must first understand your market—your customers. You must know what they want and need before you can begin to meet their expectations.
- Employees must also have an understanding of the customers they serve. Management must create the system and processes that allow employees to deliver to customers.
- It is the role of leadership to create an environment within the organization in which all employees want to give customers what they want, rather than an environment where employees feel forced to do it.
- Customers should be the number one focus of your business—customers are your bottom line. They are the ones who create revenue for your business. Deliver to them a great product and great service, and you will see income.
- To deliver exceptional service, you must start with a great team. Be selective in your hiring process and treat your employees well. The perfect hire is worth the wait.
- Customers want three things from a product: they want it to be defect-free, they want it to be timely (when they want it) and above all, they want the people who give it to them to be nice to them. Delivering these three things consistently is what creates customer loyalty.
- The biggest driver of customer satisfaction and loyalty is just being nice. Being nice to your customer doesn’t cost anything.
“Do everything you can for your customers. As long as it’s legal, moral and ethical—do it.”
Horst Schulze is one of the founding members of The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company and served as its President and COO. He later founded The Capella Hotel Group. Today, he serves on various boards, speaks and acts as a consultant across industries.
swipe to see more