and New York Times bestselling author Shep Hyken, who interviews leading business
professionals and other customer experience professionals. Each guest shares insights
and tips on how to succeed and create amazing customer experiences.
The bright business minds featured on Amazing Business Radio come from all over
the world. They include viral video stars, corporate CEOs, bestselling authors, thought
leaders, and many other inspiring personalities. The show brings a variety of topics
related to customer service and customer experience to provide the answers that
C-Suite listeners will want to know to take their success to the next level.
The Customer Experience is the Product Featuring David Priemer
- The product or service you sell isn’t actually your product—the experience you provide your customers and clients is your product! In short, the experience is your product.
- Your goal should be to create a beautiful product, and then elevate that product to another level through the amazing experience you provide.
- Salespeople must consider the tactics they’re using on their customers and ask themselves if those tactics would work on themselves. If you wouldn’t respond well to a certain tactic, odds are your customer won’t either.
- Customers often make purchasing decisions based on subconscious factors rather than specific, tangible metrics. Often, it comes down to the customer’s experience and how a business made them feel.
- Experience beats virtually everything else. When everything else is equal, the experience is what will set your business apart.
- Think about not only what contributes to a great experience, but also about what detracts from that experience. Work to eliminate those factors for your customers.
- Traditional sales “closing tactics” can actually become a detractor to the overall experience. Studies have shown that customers will resist when they feel their freedom to choose is restricted.
- Remember that a good experience is one without friction!
- Oftentimes, the products and apps that consumers love most (because of the way they’re designed) are designed by companies with an amazing culture and amazing employees. An amazing experience is pervasive.
“Nowadays, when there are a million products and services that do similar things and customers have infinite choice, they will choose based on experience more than the intrinsic properties of the product itself.”
David Priemer is the founder of Cerebral Selling and the author of Sell the Way You Buy: A Modern Approach to Sales That Actually Works (Even on You!). He is the former VP of Salesforce, where he created the Sales Leadership Academy program.
swipe to see more