and New York Times bestselling author Shep Hyken, who interviews leading business
professionals and other customer experience professionals. Each guest shares insights
and tips on how to succeed and create amazing customer experiences.
The bright business minds featured on Amazing Business Radio come from all over
the world. They include viral video stars, corporate CEOs, bestselling authors, thought
leaders, and many other inspiring personalities. The show brings a variety of topics
related to customer service and customer experience to provide the answers that
C-Suite listeners will want to know to take their success to the next level.
The Competitive Advantage of Amazing Customer Service Featuring Hank Ebeling
- People can steal your ideas or create the same products. What they can’t take away is the level of service and relationships you’ve built with your customers.
- Everybody has customer service. You can win by focusing on creating connections and building relationships with your customers at a higher level than others.
- You can coach people on the technical aspects of the job. But, having empathy is something one just has or doesn’t have.
- Customer service starts with leadership. Leaders create the service vision and hire the right people to carry it out.
- When hiring someone, let them interact with other people in your business. You can tell a lot about a person by how they talk to other people that are not from a high-level position within your organization.
- Leaders need to participate in the onboarding process and set the tone of the business’ culture.
- Service aptitude is a person’s ability to exceed expectations. It comes from 1) Life experiences 2) Previous work experience 3) Current job experience. Teach your employees about your own culture of service.
- Figure out what makes your business stand out. You can have the same product or service as your competition but if you can out-service them, you will always win.
“No matter what business you are in, it is extremely competitive. The only way to stand out is by delivering an outstanding service.”
“Make sure the people you bring in is a culture fit, first. Hire based on traits and not skills.”
“As your business is growing, you cannot sacrifice culture just to get more employees through the door.”
“You gotta care more about your customers than your competition.”
Hank Ebeling is the founder of H4 Training and author of Crushing the Competition with Service: An Entrepreneur’s Guide to Delivering Outstanding Customer Service & Customer Experience.
Shep Hyken is a customer service and experience expert, New York Times bestselling author, award-winning keynote speaker, and your host of Amazing Business Radio.
swipe to see more