and New York Times bestselling author Shep Hyken, who interviews leading business
professionals and other customer experience professionals. Each guest shares insights
and tips on how to succeed and create amazing customer experiences.
The bright business minds featured on Amazing Business Radio come from all over
the world. They include viral video stars, corporate CEOs, bestselling authors, thought
leaders, and many other inspiring personalities. The show brings a variety of topics
related to customer service and customer experience to provide the answers that
C-Suite listeners will want to know to take their success to the next level.
The Business of Emotion Featuring Guest Rebecca Martin
Shep Hyken interviews Rebecca Martin. They discuss the role of technology in customer service, how emotion can drive customer loyalty, and how marketers and contact center workers can help each other in building the ideal customer journey.
In Shep’s Opening Monologue…
He gives advice on how to create an amazing customer experience. His number one suggestion (right now) is to start with the culture of the company and the employee experience.
The Interview with Rebecca Martin:
- Companies want to insert emotion into the customer experience. Emotion, or human connection, is what drives customer loyalty.
- There needs to be a balance between technology and human connection. Too much reliance on technology can make customers feel displaced.
- Chatbots and similar technologies are not replacing call center agents. By handling first-level calls, they are elevating the role of agents. This creates more of a career path within contact centers.
- There is a higher call volume with more difficult problems reaching contact center agents. Companies need to reflect this change with improved training for their agents, so they can effectively and efficiently handle more difficult calls.
- The phone is not dead in the support/contact center; it is simply used for different purposes.
- The top three things that drive customer loyalty are quality products, action from the company in response to a complaint, and ease and efficiency of contacting the company. However, if the last two aren’t in place, customers will take their business elsewhere – even if the product is good.
Rebecca Martin is the Chief Marketing Officer at Calabrio, a customer engagement analytics software company. She has nearly 20 years of experience in the emerging technology industry.
Shep Hyken is a customer service and experience expert, New York Times bestselling author, award-winning keynote speaker, and your host of Amazing Business Radio.
“There’s a time and a place for digital interaction. There is always a place for human interaction.” – Rebecca Martin
swipe to see more