and New York Times bestselling author Shep Hyken, who interviews leading business
professionals and other customer experience professionals. Each guest shares insights
and tips on how to succeed and create amazing customer experiences.
The bright business minds featured on Amazing Business Radio come from all over
the world. They include viral video stars, corporate CEOs, bestselling authors, thought
leaders, and many other inspiring personalities. The show brings a variety of topics
related to customer service and customer experience to provide the answers that
C-Suite listeners will want to know to take their success to the next level.
The Attitude of Excellence Featuring Guest Dr. Willie Jolley
Shep Hyken sits down with his longtime friend, Dr. Willie Jolley and discuss the strategies he used to help Ford avoid bankruptcy, why you and your organization should be constantly improving, and the 10 Commandments of Superior Service.
•Dr. Jolley shared five key points great CEO’s focus on in their organizations:
- Always develop leaders at every level of your organization.
- Help people understand change is not the enemy, it’s an ally.
- Don’t have good customer service, have wild customer service.
- Think like a team and work as a team so you can win like a team.
- Always grow your attitude and constantly get better.
•In his book, Make Love, Make Money, Make It Last!, he talks about keeping the romance alive in your marriage. You should treat your customers the same way by always wooing them and keeping the romance alive by going the extra mile.
•Dr. Jolley has 10 commandments of superior service:
- Thou shalt serve with a smile
- Thou shalt go the extra mile
- Thou shalt greet, speak and be real sweet
- Thou shalt say thank you and please a lot – A LOT
- Thou shalt be willing to apologize quickly
- Thou shalt anticipate the needs of your customers and clients
- Do what is necessary, not what is comfortable
- Thou shalt take responsibility
- Thou shalt lighten the lines
- Thou shalt constantly improve and practice the CANEI principle.
•The CANEI principle stands for Constant And Never Ending Improvement. Everyone in an organization must adopt an attitude in which they strive to be better today than yesterday.
•In his book, Dr. Jolley shares his philosophy of Up-Thinking, which means: Think up, show up, stand up, step up, and make up your mind to win.
Dr. Willie Jolley is an award-winning speaker, singer, best-selling author, and media personality. He’s spoken for companies like Ford, Wal-Mart, GM, Comcast, Verizon, and Marriott. He latest book is An Attitude of Excellence: Get The Best From Yourself, Your Team, and Your Organization.
Shep Hyken is a customer service and experience expert, New York Times bestselling author, award-winning keynote speaker, and your host of Amazing Business Radio.
“Always woo your customers. Never let the romance stop.” – Dr. Willie Jolley
swipe to see more