One of the things I’ve learned is that money seems like it should be simple, and that’s why it’s so easy to make costly mistakes. Teaching people about money and what it takes to grow it has been my life’s work, and now I want to share that knowledge with you. I'm thrilled that KTsMoneyMatters Podcast is now part of the C-Suite Radio Network.
As part of C-Suite Radio, KTsMoneyMatters Podcast will cover all topics about money — both big and small — as well as debunking some of the myths that cost people thousands of dollars every year. Shows will cover all topics from the perspective of “what’s in it for you? And why do you care?” My goal is to give you at least one money tip per week that you can take home to your own personal money plans. While I have recently written a book for women called, 'A Hardworking Woman’s Guide to Money', this podcast is for everyone. If you are interested in checking out my book, it’s available now on Amazon.com.
009 – The 411 on the 529 Plan
Reach Me Here: KT Thomas
In this episode, KT and Tammy discuss:
- Misinformation about 529 plans
- Who’s best suited for a 529 plan?
- The downsides to doing this plan
- What Tammy recommends
- You don’t pay on the interest earned
- As long as you use it for college, it’s completely tax free
- If you don’t use the funds for education, there’s a 10% penalty (which is completely taxable)
- Ask yourself, “what are your long term financial goals?” Does a 529 plan fit those needs?
“529 Plans are great vehicles for people to save for their child’s education, their grandchild’s or even their own.” – Tammy Simmons, CFP
Connect with Tammy Simmons, CFP:
Connect with KT Thomas: http://ktsmoneymatters.com/
Purchase KT’s book- The Hardworking Woman’s Guide to Money
Show Notes by Show Producer: Anna Nygren
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Let us help you prove it.
swipe to see more