One of the things I’ve learned is that money seems like it should be simple, and that’s why it’s so easy to make costly mistakes. Teaching people about money and what it takes to grow it has been my life’s work, and now I want to share that knowledge with you. I'm thrilled that KTsMoneyMatters Podcast is now part of the C-Suite Radio Network.
As part of C-Suite Radio, KTsMoneyMatters Podcast will cover all topics about money — both big and small — as well as debunking some of the myths that cost people thousands of dollars every year. Shows will cover all topics from the perspective of “what’s in it for you? And why do you care?” My goal is to give you at least one money tip per week that you can take home to your own personal money plans. While I have recently written a book for women called, 'A Hardworking Woman’s Guide to Money', this podcast is for everyone. If you are interested in checking out my book, it’s available now on Amazon.com.
030 – Tammy Symons- Planning Post Divorce
n this episode, KT and Tammy Symons discuss:
- How to rebuild yourself after divorce, financially
- How your expenses change
- The help of a professional through a divorce
- Protecting your credit score
- Putting together your new income vs. expenses and understanding what that is, is a great first step
- Sometimes, the beauty of going through a divorce is you having the ability to make and craft your own retirement goals
- Get rid of joint credit cards ASAP
- Make sure you understand what the divorce agreement states… keep an eye on your beneficiaries for your life insurance, your retirement accounts etc.
“There are going to be changes in earned income as well as expenses paying out child care… those changes are most likely going to happen and you need to account for what those changes are going to be.” — Tammy Symons
Connect with Tammy Symons, CFP:
Connect with KT Thomas: http://ktsmoneymatters.com/
Purchase KT’s book- The Hardworking Woman’s Guide to Money
Show Notes by Show Producer: Anna Nygren
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
swipe to see more