One of the things I’ve learned is that money seems like it should be simple, and that’s why it’s so easy to make costly mistakes. Teaching people about money and what it takes to grow it has been my life’s work, and now I want to share that knowledge with you. I'm thrilled that KTsMoneyMatters Podcast is now part of the C-Suite Radio Network.
As part of C-Suite Radio, KTsMoneyMatters Podcast will cover all topics about money — both big and small — as well as debunking some of the myths that cost people thousands of dollars every year. Shows will cover all topics from the perspective of “what’s in it for you? And why do you care?” My goal is to give you at least one money tip per week that you can take home to your own personal money plans. While I have recently written a book for women called, 'A Hardworking Woman’s Guide to Money', this podcast is for everyone. If you are interested in checking out my book, it’s available now on Amazon.com.
029 – Tammy Symons- Kids are Expensive!
In this episode, KT and Tammy Symons discuss:
- Financial changes to consider when you start a family
- How to care for that child when both parents are working
- Keeping insurance in mind
- Planning for your child’s education
- Create a new budget – because your grocery bill, clothing bill and much more is going to change
- If the parent leaving the workforce has the health insurance under his/her group policy, that needs to be addressed
- It’s important to start saving for college as early as possible
- If you started saving $100/month when your child is first born, you could end up with about $38,000 when your child attends college… if you wait until he/she is 4, you’ll end up with $26,000… If you wait until he/she is 10, you’ll end up with about $12,000
“The US Department of Agriculture came out with a study based on 2015 numbers, saying that the average kid from cradle to college costs between $175,000 – $375,000.”– KT Thomas
Connect with Tammy Symons, CFP:
Connect with KT Thomas: http://ktsmoneymatters.com/
Purchase KT’s book- The Hardworking Woman’s Guide to Money
Show Notes by Show Producer: Anna Nygren
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Let us help you prove it.
swipe to see more