and New York Times bestselling author Shep Hyken, who interviews leading business
professionals and other customer experience professionals. Each guest shares insights
and tips on how to succeed and create amazing customer experiences.
The bright business minds featured on Amazing Business Radio come from all over
the world. They include viral video stars, corporate CEOs, bestselling authors, thought
leaders, and many other inspiring personalities. The show brings a variety of topics
related to customer service and customer experience to provide the answers that
C-Suite listeners will want to know to take their success to the next level.
Stronger Through Adversity Featuring Joseph Michelli
- You may not always be able to keep doing things the same way you have always done them, especially under time constraints. The ability to adapt is crucial.
- Difficult, frightening and challenging times can become opportunities to really shine as a brand and as a company.
- Show appreciation to your customers! Call them to thank them for their recent purchase without any sales agenda. This gesture goes a long way.
- Look for ways to adapt and translate the customer experience without sacrificing the quality of the experience.
- A “luxury” experience does not mean a slow experience. Focus on creating an elevated sensory experience by meeting your customer where they are.
- Not every moment within the customer experience is equal. Focus on managing the beginning, end, high points and pain points.
- Brand promises of customer centricity were put to the test once the pandemic hit. Leaders and companies will be remembered for how they behaved during a crisis.
- You don’t need to be perfect. Be honest and own your mistakes, and keep working to improve the world around you.
- One of the most powerful things a leader can do is listen. That’s much of what customer service is all about.
- The word for 2020 is empathy—followed by “you’re on mute!” Don’t lose hope, find the humor, and keep moving forward.
“One of the most powerful things you can do as a leader is just listen. If you’re in the customer experience business, you’re in the listening business. If you’re a leader, you’re in the listening busines.”
Joseph Michelli, Ph.D., is a certified customer experience professional, international keynote speaker and the bestselling author of nine business books. He helps leadership teams improve the experiences they provide for team members and customers.
swipe to see more