and New York Times bestselling author Shep Hyken, who interviews leading business
professionals and other customer experience professionals. Each guest shares insights
and tips on how to succeed and create amazing customer experiences.
The bright business minds featured on Amazing Business Radio come from all over
the world. They include viral video stars, corporate CEOs, bestselling authors, thought
leaders, and many other inspiring personalities. The show brings a variety of topics
related to customer service and customer experience to provide the answers that
C-Suite listeners will want to know to take their success to the next level.
Proactive Customer Service Featuring Guest Nick Mehta
How to Ensure You Are Delivering Success For Your Customers
Shep Hyken sits down with Nick Mehta, CEO of Gainsight. They discuss why you should be proactive instead of reactive, how the subscription model is shaping customer loyalty, and why making your customers happy is no longer enough.
Shep Hyken’s opening monologue is about consistency. Three important points:
- Your product has to meet the customer s needs every time.
- Your omni-channel presence must have a consistent experience.
- The attitude of the employees must be consistent.
- You have to proactively ensure that you’re delivering success to your customers. If you wait until they call you to voice their complaints, it may be too late.
- Because of the subscription model and the numerous options available to consumers, they don’t have to be loyal to any one company. If you can’t deliver your customer’s desired outcome, they will find someone else who can.
- Keeping your customers happy isn’t enough anymore. Today, they have to get more value from you than they can get anywhere else. This is why Jeff Bezos says he isn’t scared of his competitors. He’s scared of his customers, because they have the choice to leave every day.
- Companies are realizing that they need somebody whose job is to ensure customers are getting maximum value. According to LinkedIn, the third fastest growing job title in 2018 is Customer Success Manager.
- You have to proactively ensure your customers are achieving their desired outcome. Three ways to do that are:
- Start at the beginning of the process by on-boarding the customer and getting them up to speed on how to use your product/service.
- Ask them what it will take for them to continue doing business with you in the future.
- Reach out to them over time to make sure they’re getting value and reaching their desired outcomes.
Nick Mehta is the CEO of Gainsight. In his six years as CEO, he’s secured over $156 million in funding, expanded the employee base to over 500 employees, and been recognized as the third best SAAS CEO out of 5,000 nominees. He also co-authored the book Customer Success: How Innovative Companies Are Reducing Churn And Growing Recurring Revenue.
Shep Hyken is a customer service and experience expert, New York Times bestselling author, award-winning keynote speaker, and your host of Amazing Business Radio.
swipe to see more