One of the things I’ve learned is that money seems like it should be simple, and that’s why it’s so easy to make costly mistakes. Teaching people about money and what it takes to grow it has been my life’s work, and now I want to share that knowledge with you. I'm thrilled that KTsMoneyMatters Podcast is now part of the C-Suite Radio Network.
As part of C-Suite Radio, KTsMoneyMatters Podcast will cover all topics about money — both big and small — as well as debunking some of the myths that cost people thousands of dollars every year. Shows will cover all topics from the perspective of “what’s in it for you? And why do you care?” My goal is to give you at least one money tip per week that you can take home to your own personal money plans. While I have recently written a book for women called, 'A Hardworking Woman’s Guide to Money', this podcast is for everyone. If you are interested in checking out my book, it’s available now on Amazon.com.
051 – Tammy Symons- Understanding the Financial Impact of The Family and Medical Leave Act
In this episode, KT and Tammy Symons discuss:
- What the The Family and Medical Leave Act is and how people can use it.
- Having a cash reserve and understanding if it is enough money.
- Protecting yourself if you get sick.
- Understanding the benefits of The Family and Medical Leave Act.
- The The Family and Medical Leave Act is not a paid leave, but it does protect your position, although this does change depending on your company/state.
- You can take up to twelve weeks in a twelve-month time period to use a medical leave.
- Understanding what is considered cash reserve. If you cannot easily convert it to cash, it is not cash reserve.
- The cheaper the insurance policy, the less likely it will protect you.
“If your employer does not have a paid medical leave option then, it is important to know what they do offer.” — Tammy Symons
Connect with Tammy Symons:
See KT’s interview on C-Suite Network’s Best Seller TV
Connect with KT Thomas: https://ktsmoneymatters.com/
Purchase KT’s book- The Hardworking Woman’s Guide to Money
Show Notes by Podcastologist: Jessie Taylor
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
swipe to see more