One of the things I’ve learned is that money seems like it should be simple, and that’s why it’s so easy to make costly mistakes. Teaching people about money and what it takes to grow it has been my life’s work, and now I want to share that knowledge with you. I'm thrilled that KTsMoneyMatters Podcast is now part of the C-Suite Radio Network.
As part of C-Suite Radio, KTsMoneyMatters Podcast will cover all topics about money — both big and small — as well as debunking some of the myths that cost people thousands of dollars every year. Shows will cover all topics from the perspective of “what’s in it for you? And why do you care?” My goal is to give you at least one money tip per week that you can take home to your own personal money plans. While I have recently written a book for women called, 'A Hardworking Woman’s Guide to Money', this podcast is for everyone. If you are interested in checking out my book, it’s available now on Amazon.com.
055 – Mid-Summer Market Review & Stock Buy Backs
In this episode, KT discusses:
- How the market trends in August due to vacations.
- Diversifying and risk and how it worked with the market this year.
- Why people don’t sell even when prices are high.
- What stock buy backs are, why they matter, and how it is effecting the markets this year.
- 71% of the S&P500 return was generated from only 4 companies – Amazon, Microsoft, Apple, Netflix.
- Staying in stocks is not the same as buying stocks.
- September and October tend to be the worst months on average most years.
- Be careful about frequent round-trippers – those that buy back and sell over and over again, as it can change the price of your stocks often.
“Don’t get too caught up in the idea of loving one company or one part of the market. These sectors come in and out of style over the course of the year.” — KT Thomas
Referenced: The Motley Fool
See KT’s interview on C-Suite Network’s Best Seller TV
Connect with KT Thomas: http://ktsmoneymatters.com/
Purchase KT’s book- The Hardworking Woman’s Guide to Money
Show Notes by Podcastologist: Chelsea Taylor-Sturkie
Audio production by Turnkey Podcast Productions. You’re the expert. Your podcast will prove it.
swipe to see more