On each episode of Talking Business Now, host Kelly Scanlon and her guests deliver the inside scoop on how America’s most successful entrepreneurs are transforming their industries—and even creating new ones. You'll also hear from the top business minds in the country, best-selling business authors and nationally recognized business gurus as they deliver practical tools, tips and advice for growing your business.
Leadership Tips for Conquering Conflict in the Workplace
Successful organizations and leaders learn how to resolve conflict before it starts. In this episode of Talking Business Now, Lauren Scheiffer, also known as “The Colonel’s Daughter,” joins C-Suite host Kelly Scanlon to discuss how to prevent, reduce and overcome workplace conflict and drama.
Scheiffer is a certified speaker who’s combined the leadership lessons she learned in corporate America—as well as the wisdom she gained from her father who was an Air Force colonel—to help businesses improve communication effectiveness and reduce conflict.
Here are some of the insights that C-Suite listeners will gain:
- How to overcome adversity with humility and a sense of humor
- The price of allowing workplace conflict to “run its course” unchecked
- The important difference between conflict and drama
- The first step anyone can take to reduce workplace drama
- The value of conflict prevention vs. conflict management
- How to function successfully in the midst of ongoing conflict
- How to find the win-win-win from a well-managed conflict
- How to create a company culture that fosters understanding and expression
Shieffer’s book, “Colonels of Wisdom: A Daughter’s Reflection on Leadership,” is available on Amazon.com. It is Shieffer’s first in a three-part book series in which she offers leadership tips based on the lessons her father taught her.
swipe to see more