On each episode of Talking Business Now, host Kelly Scanlon and her guests deliver the inside scoop on how America’s most successful entrepreneurs are transforming their industries—and even creating new ones. You'll also hear from the top business minds in the country, best-selling business authors and nationally recognized business gurus as they deliver practical tools, tips and advice for growing your business.
How to Deliver a Message That Matters
Certified speaking professional Diane DiResta is the author of Knockout Presentations, an acclaimed new book in which she shares insights for adding power, punch and pizzazz to your presentations. Whether you’re talking on stage in front of a large audience, making a sales presentation, speaking in the boardroom, or in any other situation where your message matters, DiResta’s tips and tools will help you deliver knockout presentations. In this episode of Talking Business Now, DiResta joins C-Suite host Kelly Scanlon to discuss:
- Why public speaking is the new competitive advantage—and adds to your ROI
- Overcoming public speaking fear
- Increasing your persuasiveness, even in front of challenging audiences
- Audience expectations in the Digital Age
- The importance of being audience-centric
- Using a “speech sandwich” to organize your presentation
- Avoiding common speaking mistakes
- Developing your listening skills to enhance your speaking skills
DiResta is the founder and CEO of New York-based DiResta Communications, a consultancy that works with business leaders who deliver high-stakes presentations. She has spoken on four continents and is often quoted in the major media. In addition, DiResta is the past president of the New York City chapter of the National Speakers Association and former media trainer for the NBA and WNBA. Her blog, Knockout Presentations, made the Top 50 Public Speaking blogs.
swipe to see more