and New York Times bestselling author Shep Hyken, who interviews leading business
professionals and other customer experience professionals. Each guest shares insights
and tips on how to succeed and create amazing customer experiences.
The bright business minds featured on Amazing Business Radio come from all over
the world. They include viral video stars, corporate CEOs, bestselling authors, thought
leaders, and many other inspiring personalities. The show brings a variety of topics
related to customer service and customer experience to provide the answers that
C-Suite listeners will want to know to take their success to the next level.
Great Customer Experiences Start with Great Employee Experiences: Valuable Lessons From Comcast – Featuring Guest Tom Karinshak
Are your employees properly equipped?
Shep Hyken sits down with Tom Karinshak, Senior Vice President of Customer Service at Comcast, to discuss the importance of investing in training and equipping employees so that they can better serve customers.
- Your customers know what good customer service is. They aren’t usually comparing your service to a direct competitor. They are comparing it to any company that gives them good service, no matter what the company is selling.
- Look around and take notes from companies that are giving great service. You are a customer as well. When you have a great experience, implement those strategies into your own business.
- Meet your customers where they want to be met. This could be social media, chat, phone calls, email, etc. In whatever way your customers want to reach you, make sure you are there.
- It’s so important to get things right the first time around so that there doesn’t have to be a second time.
- Employees must be armed with the proper tools, technology, and training so that they are able to give great customer experiences.
- Consistency amongst employees is so critical. When customers ask questions, there should be consistent answers, no matter who they talk to.
- Ask your customers for feedback on how you can be better. But also ask your employees for feedback on how the company can be a better place to work.
Tom Karinshak serves as Executive Vice President of Customer Service for Comcast Cable. Tom oversees call center operations including phone, chat and social media agents, in addition to other key touch points and service channels with customers.
swipe to see more