and New York Times bestselling author Shep Hyken, who interviews leading business
professionals and other customer experience professionals. Each guest shares insights
and tips on how to succeed and create amazing customer experiences.
The bright business minds featured on Amazing Business Radio come from all over
the world. They include viral video stars, corporate CEOs, bestselling authors, thought
leaders, and many other inspiring personalities. The show brings a variety of topics
related to customer service and customer experience to provide the answers that
C-Suite listeners will want to know to take their success to the next level.
Give Employees What They Crave Most Featuring Guest Gregg Lederman
Take Time to Properly Motivate Your Team
Shep Hyken sits down with Gregg Lederman to talk about his new book, Crave: You Can Enhance Employee Motivation in 10 Minutes by Friday. They discussed how to replicate your best people and give them the happiness and motivation they crave and deserve.
- Your employees’ attitudes and actions are affected by the three things they crave the most:
- Respect: Respect them for who they are and what they do.
- Purpose: Give them purpose, help them see that there’s meaning in their work and show them that what they do has an impact.
- Relationship: Build a trusting and happy relationship with their leadership.
- In less than 10 minutes a week, you can replicate what your best people are thinking, saying and doing by recognizing what you want to see more of and spotting the moments where your core values are in action.
- There are three chemicals that Gregg calls the happy threesome of brain chemicals; dopamine, serotonin, and oxytocin. They can increase employee happiness and motivation.
- Recognition accelerates results. The first result is employee engagement. Employee engagement drives the work culture, and the work culture drives the customer experience.
- Gregg shared a five-step process for building any habit, specifically the habit of recognizing employees:
- Decide why it’s important to you.
- Create the routines and schedule it in your calendar.
- Determine any obstacles that may get in the way (time).
- Focus on the personal and business benefits of forming this habit.
- Track your effort daily.
Quote: “The work culture drives the customer experience.” – Gregg Lederman
Gregg Lederman is an author, speaker, and the president of employee engagement for Reward Gateway. Gregg’s valuable insights are documented in his books Achieve Brand Integrity, Engaged, and his upcoming book, Crave.
Shep Hyken is a customer service and experience expert, New York Times bestselling author, award-winning keynote speaker, and your host of Amazing Business Radio.
swipe to see more