and New York Times bestselling author Shep Hyken, who interviews leading business
professionals and other customer experience professionals. Each guest shares insights
and tips on how to succeed and create amazing customer experiences.
The bright business minds featured on Amazing Business Radio come from all over
the world. They include viral video stars, corporate CEOs, bestselling authors, thought
leaders, and many other inspiring personalities. The show brings a variety of topics
related to customer service and customer experience to provide the answers that
C-Suite listeners will want to know to take their success to the next level.
Getting Inside Your Customer’s Imagination Featuring Chip Bell
- Good customer service and experience principles can be applied in any relationship—professional or personal.
- Successful companies known for their innovation all share common cultural values of curiosity, grounding, discovery, trust and passion. Add these five elements into your relationship with your customers.
- Secret #1: Curiosity helps you learn about and understand your customers better. This makes customers feel not just heard, but valued, and makes them more likely to collaborate with you to find new solutions.
- Secret #2: Grounding is about focus. Focus on not just your customers’ needs and expectations, but also their hopes and aspirations. This will turn your business relationship into a partnership.
- Before you can focus on the customer, you must first understand who you are, what your company is about and what your collective values are. This will help you understand your role in the customer’s journey.
- Secret #3: Discovery is about risk-taking, which can be scary, so reframe this around learning. Every risk and every mistake are opportunities to learn something new and improve. You must create a safe environment for your employees and customers so they’ll want to take risks.
- Secret #4: Trust is about authenticity, transparency and above all, truth. Companies must emphasize the truth—the whole and complete truth—in their culture and values.
- Secret #5: Passion is the energy, enthusiasm and excitement about what you do. Find out how to create that passion and identify what holds you back.
- Bring the best of who you are not only to your interactions with your customers and colleagues, but to everyone you encounter.
“Passion is three words: ‘pass I on’. This means bringing the best of who you are and passing it to other people.”
Chip Bell is a senior partner of the Chip Bell Group, a top customer service keynote speaker and a bestselling author of 24 books. His latest book is Inside Your Customer’s Imagination: 5 Secrets for Creating Breakthrough Products, Services, and Solutions.
swipe to see more