and New York Times bestselling author Shep Hyken, who interviews leading business
professionals and other customer experience professionals. Each guest shares insights
and tips on how to succeed and create amazing customer experiences.
The bright business minds featured on Amazing Business Radio come from all over
the world. They include viral video stars, corporate CEOs, bestselling authors, thought
leaders, and many other inspiring personalities. The show brings a variety of topics
related to customer service and customer experience to provide the answers that
C-Suite listeners will want to know to take their success to the next level.
Excellent Decisions from the Cofounder of the Ritz-Carlton Featuring Guest Horst Schulze
Aligning Your Organization to a Company-wide Culture
In Shep’s Opening Monologue…
He discusses the importance of creating a customer-focused company culture and how to go about it.
The Interview with Horst Schulze:
- Schulze shares the story behind the famous The Ritz-Carlton Credo, which is “We are ladies and gentleman serving ladies and gentlemen.”
- There are three things customers want regardless of industry that form the foundation of every customer interaction. Schulze calls these the Three Universals, and they are a flawless product, timeliness, and kindness.
- The most important of the Three Universals is kindness. Customers may forgive you for minor flaws in the product if you are nice to them. However, they will not forgive you if you are unkind, even if the product is flawless.
- The next step is to individualize and personalize the Three Universals to each and every customer. Bringing this human connection into the customer experience is what creates above average and excellent customer service and ensures customer loyalty.
- If you take pride in what you do and always strive for excellence, you will not only create excellence, but earn the respect of your colleagues and your customers.
- It’s crucial to get every employee into alignment on the standards and mission of your company. This begins with the initial onboarding process and continues every single work day; training must always continue to ensure alignment and company prosperity.
- You should not simply “hire” employees; you should instead select individuals who you are a good fit for your culture and the specific role within the larger organization. Selecting the best possible people for each position will ensure success for your company.
- Everything you do in life is a decision. Actively decide to be excellent and pursue it relentlessly.
Horst Schulze is the founder, chairman, and CEO of the Capella Hotel Group and co-founder and former COO of the Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company. He is also a highly sought after keynote speaker and renowned business leader.
Shep Hyken is a customer service and experience expert, New York Times bestselling author, award-winning keynote speaker, and your host of Amazing Business Radio.
swipe to see more