Welcome to Change Your Mindset (formerly known as Improv Is No Joke) where it is all about believing that strong communication skills are the best way in delivering your technical accounting knowledge and growing your business. The way of building stronger communication skills is by embracing the principles of applied improvisation. Your host is Peter Margaritis, CPA a.k.a. The Accidental Accountant, will interview financial professionals and business leaders to find their secret in building stronger relationships with their clients, customers, associates, and peers, all the while, growing their businesses.
Ep. 63 – Bob Dean | The New CPE: Collaborative Learning Experiences.
Bob Dean, Founder of Dean Learning and Talent Advisors, returns to the show to talk more about virtual learning. Our conversation is framed around ThinkTank, collaboration, and an article that we wrote titled “The New CPE: Collaborative Learning Experiences.”
Bob works as a practitioner consultant using ThinkTank, a collaboration-as-a-service software company. By providing a collaborative structure to the way people work together, ThinkTank enables leaders to transform business processes and create a culture of collaboration, innovation, and engagement.
Bob recently facilitated something remarkable: a (successful) virtual collaboration experience with over 100 people from around the world that lasted 90 minutes – and he did that four times in one day!
Not only was his experience a feat, it benefitted both the client and the participants:
- It was all people ages 27 to 30, so all millennials, and they really embraced the virtual collaboration experience.
- In a live group, you may not get everybody’s thoughts or ideas. ThinkTank has the ability to get all the ideas from people from everybody in that group, which makes it a much more richer experience, from a learning perspective, than just getting responses from two or three people in a live audience.
- Because nobody had to get on a plane, nobody had to travel, nobody had to be away, and nobody had hotel room, it was MUCH cheaper than training 400+ people in person, using the same exercise.
In the future, there are a number of exciting possibilities for virtual collaboration communities on ThinkTank:
- Optimized and effective onboarding processes.
- Training in the new revenue recognition principle, or other technical training sessions
- Teaching people to write effectively, and other skill-building courses
- Possibly even a virtual improv course!
In a world where change is happening faster and faster every week, we have to learn faster – and the way we learn faster will be learning through collaboration.
- Connect with Bob: LinkedIn | email@example.com
- Learn more about ThinkTank
- “The New CPE: Collaborative Learning Experiences”
Production & Development for Improv Is No Joke by Podcast Masters
swipe to see more