and New York Times bestselling author Shep Hyken, who interviews leading business
professionals and other customer experience professionals. Each guest shares insights
and tips on how to succeed and create amazing customer experiences.
The bright business minds featured on Amazing Business Radio come from all over
the world. They include viral video stars, corporate CEOs, bestselling authors, thought
leaders, and many other inspiring personalities. The show brings a variety of topics
related to customer service and customer experience to provide the answers that
C-Suite listeners will want to know to take their success to the next level.
Employees Matter Featuring Bob Chapman
- You don’t need to have an out-of-the-ordinary or “exceptional” background to do exceptional things in business and your life.
- Business has the potential to be the most powerful force for good in the world. It begins with companies truly caring about their people.
- The most important thing for any business is to develop a sustainable business model in which people feel valued.
- Many businesses make the mistake of only caring about numbers. Leaders instead should care about their people, making them the number one priority.
- Create a work environment where people feel safe and valued. Give them hope for the future. That will make them feel engaged and give them the desire to contribute.
- A leader’s job should be to help the people they have the privilege of leading grow and develop in line with the company’s vision.
- Customers ultimately benefit from the good treatment of employees. If you take care of your employees, they will take care of their customers.
- Find ways to make work fun. Fun is an excellent motivator that increases employee engagement and productivity.
- The way employees are treated at work affects their behavior outside of work. Therefore, it is a leader’s responsibility to take the best care of the people within their stewardship. This has the potential to make the entire world a better place.
- For more from Bob Chapman, check out his appearance on Shep’s TV show, Be Amazing or Go Home.
“Management is the manipulation of others for the company’s success. Leadership looks at the people they have the privilege of leading and defines success as the development and growth of those people.”
Bob Chapman is the Chairman and CEO of Barry-Wehmiller. He developed management practices known as “Truly Human Leadership” and co-wrote Everybody Matters: The Extraordinary Power of Caring for Your People Like Family.
swipe to see more