Business Behind The Smoke with Shawn Walchef and Adam Kipnes
Co-Host of Behind The Smoke: BBQ War Stories Podcast
- Hospitality Business & Digital Marketing Podcast
- New Episode every Friday
- Currently publishing episode #95
- Long format, “Above the Butcher Shop” interviews with explicit real world discussions about the entrepreneurial struggle and drive behind passion projects.
- Behind The Smoke Instagram
- Behind The Smoke Twitter
Owner/Operator of Cali Comfort BBQ
- Founded in April of 2008 with 18 employees in East County San Diego with revenue of $400,000 in year one.
- Currently staffed at 67 employees with projected revenues of over $3M
- Turned a failed breakfast business partnership into a full service, low-n-slow bbq focused, sports entertainment destination.
- Actively digitally hacking brand awareness for the last ten years through social media, community outreach, charity and sports entertainment.
- Catered for the San Diego Chargers, the Los Angeles Chargers, the San Diego Gulls Hockey Club and the San Diego Aztecs.
Organizer – Spring Valley Tailgate & BBQ Festival
- Last year celebrated our 9th Annual #SVBBQFest with 28 amatuer bbq teams competing in California’s largest annual amatuer tailgate & bbq event.
- Over 7,000 attendees buying bbq to benefit Organizations In Training, a local non-profit that mentors at risk youth.
- #SVBBQFest Facebook Page
- #SVBBQFest YouTube Video
Organizer – Del Mar BBQ State Championship
- 3rd Annual Kansas City Barbecue Society State Championship BBQ Event to take place at Del Mar Racing on Sunday, August 19, 2018
- Over 50 professional barbecue teams
- Competing for over $15,000 in cash and prizes
- LinkedIn Article – 7 Reasons Why Del Mar is the Sexiest Place on Earth for Championship BBQ
- Del Mar BBQ State Championship Facebook Page
- Del Mar BBQ State Championship YouTube Video