and New York Times bestselling author Shep Hyken, who interviews leading business
professionals and other customer experience professionals. Each guest shares insights
and tips on how to succeed and create amazing customer experiences.
The bright business minds featured on Amazing Business Radio come from all over
the world. They include viral video stars, corporate CEOs, bestselling authors, thought
leaders, and many other inspiring personalities. The show brings a variety of topics
related to customer service and customer experience to provide the answers that
C-Suite listeners will want to know to take their success to the next level.
Blake Morgan Shares How to Create Knock-Your-Socks-Off Customer Experiences
How do you create a customer experience that doesn’t just get business, but keeps customers coming back for more?
Shep Hyken interviews customer experience futurist, Blake Morgan, about her life, her book, and how to do more for your customers.
Shep discusses his history with Blake, compares her book “More is More” with his amazement concepts, and mentions the importance of exceeding customer expectations — including the expectations that they don’t yet know that they have.
Shep begins the episode by sharing some information about Blake and her new book More is More: How the Best Companies Go Farther and Work Harder to Create Knock-Your-Socks-Off Customer Experiences.
Shep starts the interview by asking Blake how she got started in customer experience. Blake goes on to discuss her definition of the customer experience, and shares some great tips from her book on how to improve the customer experience by implementing strategies at the company level. She shares examples of how some of the best companies, like Airbnb and Amazon, set the bar for creating amazing customer experiences. It’s about building simple, beautiful customer experiences; Blake says, “If you’re not adding value, you’re dead in the water.” You have to do more to set yourself apart from your competition.
- Do More – This acronym is from Blake’s book. These are some principles that the top companies follow to “do more” for their customers.
- D – Design something special
- O – Offer a strong employee experience
- M – Modernize with technology
- O – Obsess over the customer
- R – Rewards responsibility and accountability
- E – Embrace disruption and innovation
- Hold leaders to a higher standard. Leaders need to be more focused on the customer experience and long-term success, rather than focus on just immediate profits.
- Outwork your competition. Every company needs to find passionate excited employees who want to work harder (and smarter). You’ve got to be thoughtful and work harder for the customer.
Blake Morgan is a customer experience futurist. Her first book is “More is More: How the Best Companies Go Farther and Work Harder to Create Knock-Your-Socks-Off Customer Experiences.” She is also the host of The Modern Customer podcast and a weekly customer experience video series on YouTube.
“You’ve got to be thoughtful, work really hard, and be almost maniacal with your obsession with that customer experience.” – Blake Morgan
This episode of Amazing Business Radio with Shep Hyken answers the following questions … and more:
- What is customer experience?
- How do I create better customer experiences?
- Why is the customer experience so important?
- How do I do more for my customer?
- How does Airbnb create better customer experiences?
- How does Amazon create better customer experiences?
swipe to see more