and New York Times bestselling author Shep Hyken, who interviews leading business
professionals and other customer experience professionals. Each guest shares insights
and tips on how to succeed and create amazing customer experiences.
The bright business minds featured on Amazing Business Radio come from all over
the world. They include viral video stars, corporate CEOs, bestselling authors, thought
leaders, and many other inspiring personalities. The show brings a variety of topics
related to customer service and customer experience to provide the answers that
C-Suite listeners will want to know to take their success to the next level.
Backing Your Upset Customer Off the Ledge – Featuring Guest Skip Cohen
How well do you deal with angry and complaining customers?
Shep Hyken talks with Skip Cohen about the best ways to solve problems and deal with unhappy customers.
- When you empathize with an unhappy customer, this immediately lets them know that you are there to help and they feel valued. Tell them you understand their frustration and let them know that you would feel the same way if you were in their shoes. Then, let them know the problem stops here, that you are here to resolve it.
- Three keys to offering a great customer service experience:
- Fast response times – How fast is fast enough? As soon as you come into contact with the customer you should respond. So, as soon as you see that email or as soon as you listen to the voicemail, that is when you get back to them.
- Have the solution – Be equipped to solve the problems and resolve the complaints you are getting.
- Listen – When you listen to the customer and really hear them out, you get a clearer picture of where they are at and exactly what they need.
- Don’t be afraid to hear what is wrong with your company. It’s in the complaints that you are given the great opportunity for change and innovation.
Skip Cohen is co-host of the webcast Mind Your Own Business, and is the founder of SkipCohenUniversity, considered one of the fastest growing educational sites in professional photography. He is the co-author of six books on photography.
swipe to see more