and New York Times bestselling author Shep Hyken, who interviews leading business
professionals and other customer experience professionals. Each guest shares insights
and tips on how to succeed and create amazing customer experiences.
The bright business minds featured on Amazing Business Radio come from all over
the world. They include viral video stars, corporate CEOs, bestselling authors, thought
leaders, and many other inspiring personalities. The show brings a variety of topics
related to customer service and customer experience to provide the answers that
C-Suite listeners will want to know to take their success to the next level.
An Amazing Customer Experience, Guaranteed Featuring Jeff Toister
- Broken promises to your customers can be either implicit or explicit depending on the situation or marketing strategy.
- There are lots of reasons why some promises are not kept. Mistakes will happen or there will be miscommunication throughout management, or sometimes people become busy and a little forgetful.
- Many companies struggle to provide a consistent customer experience and inconsistent experiences create distrust and causes customer churn.
- Shep’s definition of amazement is simply being better than average all the time. Consistently amazing your customers is key in earning their trust and confidence in your business.
- Advertising is making a promise to your customers. It sets the expectations for your customers.
- A customer doesn’t buy a product or service. They buy a solution. For example, you’ll buy a soda because you’re thirsty. You buy a drill to make a hole.
- Businesses can use the framework of a guarantee to provide a more consistent experience and there are three elements to an experience guarantee: 1) Promise to solve a customer’s problem. 2) Act to solve it. 3) Recover from any service failures.
- Think about what the real question is, behind the question your customers actually give you. Be aware of the solution your customers are searching for.
“The most convenient brands are able to anticipate an issue that they’re already ready to solve.”
Jeff Toister is an author, consultant, and trainer who helps companies develop customer-focused cultures. He’s written four books including The Guaranteed Customer Experience. Thousands of customer service professionals around the world subscribe to Jeff’s Customer Service Tip of the Week email.
Shep Hyken is a customer service and experience expert, New York Times bestselling author, award-winning keynote speaker, and your host of Amazing Business Radio.
swipe to see more