Listen in as Hayzlett, goes inside the good, bad and ugly of recent business results. It’s ALL BUSINESS with Jeffrey Hayzlett - brought to you by C-Suite Radio.
AB 118: Creating A New Winning Culture And Honoring Legacies With Raiders Coach, Jack Del Rio
For more than three decades, Jack Del Rio has excelled in the NFL as a player and coach. Following an eleven-year playing career and a spot in the 1995 pro bowl, Del Rio entered the coaching ranks first as an assistant strength coach under Mike Ditka in New Orleans, later as a linebacker coach for the Baltimore Ravens that won the Super Bowl in 2000, then briefly as Defensive coordinator of the Carolina Panthers in 2002.
Del Rio had a meteoric rise. In 2003 after only six years as an assistant, he became the Head Coach of the Jacksonville Jaguars where he would serve for nine years. Then after three years as Defensive Coordinator for the Denver Broncos and another trip to Super Bowl, Del Rio was named Head Coach of the Oakland Raiders.
Del Rio orchestrated a significant turnaround of the Silver and Black, and last year led them to twelve wins, a playoff berth, and was recognized by the Maxwell Club as 2016 NFL Coach of the Year.
- Twitter Handle: @coachdelrio
- Other Handle: @raiders
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Raiders/
- Website: http://www.raiders.com/
- “I’m not going to drag the team up the hill”
- “Clear up that gray area”
- “I have no regrets – I played hard and caught a few breaks”
- “Understand the why”
- “My first NFL job was formed on a verbal agreement and a handshake with Mike Ditka, old school style”
- “Don’t get distracted, stay focused”
- “When we brought Marshawn on, he walked in and was more excited than a kid at Christmas… I mean he was just fired up!”
swipe to see more