and New York Times bestselling author Shep Hyken, who interviews leading business
professionals and other customer experience professionals. Each guest shares insights
and tips on how to succeed and create amazing customer experiences.
The bright business minds featured on Amazing Business Radio come from all over
the world. They include viral video stars, corporate CEOs, bestselling authors, thought
leaders, and many other inspiring personalities. The show brings a variety of topics
related to customer service and customer experience to provide the answers that
C-Suite listeners will want to know to take their success to the next level.
7 Secrets for Successful Surveys with Guest Martin Powton
How would you like to provide a better survey experience for your customers?
Shep Hyken speaks with Martin Powton, Marketing Manager at Wizu. They discuss the importance of receiving feedback and how to overcome some potential issues to avoid creating the wrong survey for your business and your customers.
Seven Secrets of Successful Surveys
- Personalization – Personalize your surveys, including the customer’s name, for example. Make sure you make it relevant to their experience, following up with relevant questions and avoid asking the unnecessary ones. Creating a more personal experience will make your customers feel as if you value their answers.
- Timing – Send surveys in a timely manner – at the right time. For example, if a customer is placing an order for merchandise, you would want to wait until their order was received before you sent out a survey. Sometimes the right time is more immediate. Take Uber, for instance. You receive the survey immediately after the ride. That’s the right time, while the ride is fresh in the customer’s mind.
- Close the Loop – You need to engage your customers, so try acknowledging the issues during the survey.
- Be Concise – Don’t waste anyone’s time by asking them to repeat information. Make sure every question is important and that you will gain insight from it.
- Make the Survey Engaging – Create an engaging experience that speaks to the voice of your brand. You can use creativity to add things to the surveys, such as gifs to make them more entertaining and enjoyable, which in turn will help boost your completion rates.
- Measure Emotion – Emotion is a key component of the customer experience. Through your survey, you should try to track the sentiment of the customer. Go above just collecting metrics, and discover how your customers feel about you and your organization.
- Utilize A.I. to Improve Surveys – Use A.I. to help analyze your results, group emotions and touchpoints. Discover your gaps, areas to improve and more.
“A bad survey experience can actually damage the customer experience.” – Martin Powton
“Make every survey question count. Every question should bring you insight.” – Martin Powton
“Treat your respondents as customers, and remember every customer is a person. Be respectful of their time.” – Martin Powton
Martin Powton is the Marketing Manager at Wizu, a company that creates engaging, entertaining and conversational surveys. Martin has worked in marketing for over 10 years and is passionate about customer centricity and the importance of measuring and improving the customer experience.
Shep Hyken is a customer service and experience expert, New York Times bestselling author, award-winning keynote speaker, and your host of Amazing Business Radio.
swipe to see more