Manage Smarter 30 – Carter Cast: Avoiding Career Failures, Plus How to Compete with Amazon
Carter Cast is a business professor at Northwestern University and the author of the award-winning book, The Right (and Wrong) Stuff: How Brilliant Careers are Made – and Unmade. Business Insider called it “one of 17 must-read books for 2018.” Also a venture partner at Pritzker Group Venture Capital, Cast has played pivotal roles are some of the most iconic consumer brands including Walmart.com, PepsiCo and Frito-Lay.
In this episode, Audrey, Lee and Carter discuss:
- Why good people sometime sabotage their own career.
- The need for self-awareness.
- Getting in the habit of asking for feedback, and how that helps you.
- How to co-exist and compete with a disruptive, large company such as Amazon.
- How ego can lead to a career reboot.
- How adaptation to your company can increase collaboration.
- What you don’t know can hurt you, identify your weak skills.
- What helped you succeed in the past may not help you in your current role. “They start to think they have the answers and stop listening to the people who actually have the answers.” – Carter Cast
Join hosts Audrey Strong and C. Lee Smith every week as they dive into the aspects and concepts of good business management. From debunking sales myths to learning how to manage with and without measurements, you’ll learn something new with every episode and will be able to implement positive change far beyond sales.Connect with Carter Cast:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with the hosts of Manage Smarter:
Connect with SalesFuel:
swipe to see more