Awaken Your Inner Superstar with Michelle Villalobos is the podcast for thought leaders, game-changers and entrepreneurs — you don't want to miss this on C-Suite!
04 Marci Shimoff – Happy For No Reason: How YOU Can Make Happiness a Way of Being (Instead of An Occasional Affair)
Marci Shimoff is a #1 New York Times bestselling author, world-renowned transformational teacher, and expert on happiness, success and unconditional love.
She’s authored the international best-sellers, Love For No Reason and Happy For No Reason, co-authored six titles in the Chicken Soup for the Woman’s Soul series as well as Inspirations for Women: Color Your World Happy. She currently co-leads a global online program called Your Year of Miracles to help people live more miraculous lives.
In this episode Marci teaches us secrets to hardwiring our brains for happiness. You’ll also learn exercises that shift your brain into a state of love rather than a state of fear, and habits that raise your baseline levels of happiness permanently. This episode is chock-full of practical information that you can immediately incorporate into your life to become happier, healthier, and more successful.
- Why happiness must come first
- Marci’s journey into becoming a happiness expert
- How Marci’s life changed after she came up with the “happiness for no reason” concept
- What is your “happiness set point” and how you raise can it
- The 7 categories of happiness habits
- 3 practical steps to hardwire your brain for happiness
- Marci’s mentors and leaders
- Most influential books
- Yes I Can by Sammy Davis Jr.
- A Return To Love by Marianne Williamson
- The Untethered Soul by Michael Singer
- Watch Sean Achor’s TED talk
- Learn more about Your Year of Miracles
- Get a copy of Marci’s books:
- Connect with Marci Shimoff:
swipe to see more