Workshop: To Sell Value, You Need to BE the Value
February 18 @ 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM EST$289
In the new world, sales opportunities are precious, and you need to take full advantage of every one. You can no longer rely on relationships to win deals—no matter how close; now, selling value isn’t just for elite sellers – it’s a survival skill.
But you can’t sell value if you aren’t even in the conversation.
Customers rank salespeople almost dead last among their preferred information resources for solving business problems. No wonder the customer has often firmed up their solution image before they ever talk to your salespeople.
To be included earlier in the customer journey, your salespeople must be more valuable to the customer’s discovery process. That means:
1. Understanding the customer’s business quickly – even before that first conversation.
2. Be able to offer valuable insight that helps them expand their horizons.
If you expect your sellers to “sell with perspective /insight”, bear in mind that:
You Can’t Provide Insights Into Something You Don’t Understand.
Major enterprise salesforces know this, and some put their teams through MBA programs, or “mini-MBA for sellers” programs. That’s great for salesforces with time and deep pockets. What about normal companies?
This workshop will introduce you to a rapid few pieces of customer business intelligence that any B2B organization can learn in a day. If you sell to a single industry, several of them repeat, so it gets even easier.
• The sales and marketing mediocrity cycle, and what happens when you’re stuck there.
• How sales people can break out of the cycle and how marketing can help.
Six external forces that shape your customer’s business
• Six internal forces that make your customer who they are
• The kind of informed insights that help sales people BE the value