- This event has passed.
Executive Briefing: Viral Media Fundraising: The Pathway to Helping Causes Go Viral
October 27 @ 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM EDT
There have been many instances of campaigns that have gone viral.
In fundraising, organizations and campaigns tend to go viral when two things happen:
- When “we the people” are made to feel connected, inspired, compelled, made to laugh, or when we sense humanity in some form.
- Usually these feelings tend to come from a changed perspective, a “changed author”, where the person on the receiving end of the benefit or service is given a voice to express their gratitude, humility, hope, enthusiasm, etc. “Their voice” tends to be way more compelling than anything a marketing/development team can produce.
These attributes when thought of as strategies and tactics for “going viral” are often replicable.
This executive briefing will deliver a high-level of:
- why things tend to go viral (including some cool examples)
- why nonprofits, causes and foundations usually fall short in a digital media world
- what they can do, what they should do, if they wanted to increase their chances of going viral
- and a roadmap from first steps to a longer-range view of how to make it sustainable
If you know of someone who serves on a board or supports a cause you really feel “should” go viral, make sure to catch this briefing.