C-Suite Network Women’s Leadership Council Presents: Securing Your Seat At The Board Table: Getting In and Staying In The Board Room
May 6 @ 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM EDT
Women are underrepresented on corporate boards and in the United States, fewer than 20% of corporate board directors are women. At this rate, women will not reach parity on boards until 2055. Whether you are a visionary woman executive or business leader, becoming a compensated, independent board member should be on your radar as a key strategy for greater influence and impact.
In this experiential and highly interactive gathering, we will hear from Women’s Leadership Council founding member, Slavka Svarc. Slavka is a Global COO in Sustainable Operations and a member of the National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD).
Also, our WLC esteemed faculty will share their Best Practices on securing your seat at the board table.
In this InterActive Gathering you will:
– Learn the fundamental roles and responsibilities of effective board members and the leadership capabilities needed for success
– Understand the key strategies to become a qualified board candidate
– Increase your visibility with nominating committees and search firms to secure a board position
– Choose the right board opportunities for you and understand how to assume a leadership role as a director
– Develop your own individual action plans to seek and obtain board seats.
In our Women’s Leadership Council InterActive Gathering, we will also gather in small groups for important networking, sharing and activation of board success.