- This event has passed.
Book Release Party: Actions Speak Louder: A Step-By-Step Guide to Becoming An Inclusive Workplace
May 20 @ 6:30 PM - 7:30 PM EDT
The workplace was going through a significant transformation prior to COVID and the pandemic significantly accelerated that pace. Organizations of all shapes and sizes have taken note of what it takes to have a fully inclusive workplace and are taking steps to improve their overall culture.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are more than buzzwords. They’re the initial building blocks that help leaders and teams look at their surroundings with fresh eyes and turn ideas into action. Deanna Singh is the Founder & Chief Change Agent of Flying Elephant, an umbrella organization for four social ventures.
Deanna is also the author of “Actions Speak Louder: A Step-by-Step Guide to Becoming an Inclusive Workplace.” She will be discussing the right steps to implement during her Book Launch on Friday, May 20th at 6:30PM ET (right after Celebrates).
What attendees will gain from this session:
- An understanding on how leaders, managers, and teams can create impactful, lasting change within their organizations
- New perspectives to create a more inclusive culture
- How to write inclusive job advertisements that nix the “minorities just don’t apply here” excuse
- Create a retention plan that considers, and prioritizes, underrepresented employees
- Design an interview process that reduces status quo bias & challenges hiring decisions