Why Reinvention and Transformation are Key Trends for 2022Why Reinvention and Transformation are Key Trends for 2022 https://c-suitenetwork.com/advisors/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2021/12/post-pandemic-kelli-1024x614.jpeg 1024 614 Kelli Richards https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/cf01bfb7c69ce6f2bcc81f28d4c9791d?s=96&d=mm&r=g
Nearly everyone I know has experienced challenges as a result of the pandemic. However there have also been a number of unanticipated gifts as a result that have been life-changing (I wrote an article about this in Oct 2020).
One notable example has been the so-called “Great Resignation,” which is an ongoing trend of employees voluntarily choosing to leave their jobs in the pursuit of a more flexible lifestyle and greater meaning in their lives overall. This phenomenon was fostered as we were all tethered to our homes throughout the pandemic, and many of us realized that we had more time with our families and loved ones – and reduced stress and loss of time as a result of fewer meetings, office politics, and soul-crushing commutes.
We started to realize what really mattered to each of us – and it wasn’t necessarily more material goods, but instead doing things that best used our talents and passions, and that created meaning, legacy and impact in our lives. Many of us realized that through technology we had the means of being able to work from home remotely and do just as good a job as we could have done in the office – if not better without a commute and fewer distractions. And as importantly, the reasons why many choose to leave companies is because of bad managers that don’t honor, empower and validate them as unique individuals.
As a trusted advisor, this is the work I do with my clients who are often at a “what’s next” crossroads. My goal is to empower them, help them see possibilities they may not see for themselves, and transform the quality and the meaning of their lives so that they do more of what lights them up and fulfills them now — not waiting for someday — vs what others think they should do, and living with constraints imposed on them like shackles. We weren’t meant to live life that way; that’s simply a recipe for despair.
Imagine instead a life of following your intuition, knowing exactly what you are meant to do in this life, and having the ability to pursue the path that’s calling to you. Imagine having a sense of direction, living life to the fullest, and playing full out on your own terms with a sense of agency and sovereignty. When people are following their passion, living their gifts and talents, and pursuing what they are called to do, they are happier, more fulfilled and operating at peak capacity, and they create a ripple effect that uplifts others in their circle by extension. So the transformation at hand is a reflection of the insights many of us came to during this period of isolation and remote work, fueled by the pandemic, which has caused us to re-assess all of these things and more.
Here are a few tips to consider as you contemplate transforming aspects of your work and life:
- Do you enjoy what you do for work? – If not, what can you to do take steps to shift into something that’s a better fit?
- Do you have a clear vision for what you want your life to look like – your relationships, your work, your lifestyle, and how much you really need to have the life you envision that would bring you the most pleasure?
- Can you afford to make a change that would bring you greater meaning and fulfillment? If not, what steps can you take to adjust your lifestyle – from paring back on unnecessary expenses to re-locating to a more affordable location?
- Do you have a support network that works for you – or are you tolerating relationships that no longer serve you (professionally and/or personally)? If so, it may be time to take stock, re-assess and make changes that will ultimately create more happiness, peace of mind, and bring you greater fulfillment.
- Last but not least, what is it that gives your life meaning and fulfillment? How many of the things that do are in your life right now today, and what can you do to manifest more of the things you envision? Starting creating and living your legacy today.
Reinventing and transforming your life can be challenging, yet at the same time the rewards are well worth whatever transitions you go through to craft a life that empowers and lights you up on all fronts. That’s something worth paying attention to this year!