5 Words of the Year …and the compelling thing that we need to work on for next year.5 Words of the Year …and the compelling thing that we need to work on for next year. https://c-suitenetwork.com/advisors/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2021/11/woman-gc47e388ff_1920-1024x683.jpg 1024 683 Mauritsvan Sambeek https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/350a208261c5e3a8dc9ef8496e0e16f1?s=96&d=mm&r=g
Why Five Words Of The Year 2021?
Because 2021 = 2+0+2+1 = 5. And since the number 5 stands for change, we can use these five words to understand what changes took place this year.
This year indeed was all about change, from global pandemics and local lock-downs to renewed investments and new global perspectives.
But not everyone’s experience is aligned with the deeper meanings of all this. So let’s dive into the five words of the year 2021 that could help gain a deeper understanding of what happened, what is happening, and what could happen next year and beyond.
Before we begin though, one fair warning, these five words of the year are not randomly chosen. Yet, they’re also not the only words one can choose.
Just allow yourself to immerse in the deeper layers of meaning of these five words of the year – how they now apply to your life, business, and acts of benevolence. From there, perhaps all other words could also gain more meaning and sense again.
Let’s begin with:
- Time. We all have it. We all use it. We all share it somehow. But what is your experience of it? Do you think you have enough of it to do everything you want? Is there a feeling of wanting more of it? Do you spend it much on things that don’t really matter, or would you like to share it more with loved ones?
Time… It’s a complex of movements, rhythms and change. It’s available in units as well as it is infinite. It gives us moments. It takes things away.
And it helps us develop talents, over time.
- Talent. We all have some of it. We all use it to some degree. We all share in the skills that get developed by it somehow. But what is your experience of it? Do you think you have well-developed talents? Is there a feeling of not having enough of them? Do you work on developing it more or putting it to use for greater benefits?
Talent… It’s a complex discussion whether it’s all inborn or solely a matter of proper nurture and education. It’s something that some people seem to be more endowed with than others.
And it helps us come together to combine and develop treasures of different kinds and values.
- Treasure. We all have some of it, whether as skill, talent, time, or finances. We all use it in various ways. We all share opinions about it, whether we agree or not about the value and use. But what is your experience of it? Do you think you have enough of it to be wealthy? Is there a feeling of lack or insecurity about it, or perhaps a desire to expand and expound upon it? Do you share it with others or mostly keep it for yourself?
Treasure… It’s a complex word that carries many meanings. For some the real treasure is pure life force. For others it’s pure gold. For many it’s solely related to money and luxury items.
And for most of us it helps us somehow to be inspired and motivated to getting things done for the greater good of ourselves and others.
- Philanthropy. We all have an implicit notion of it. We all have had some use of it. We all share in the acts it brings forth somehow. But what is your experience of it? Do you think you have a profound understanding of its meaning? Is there a feeling of disagreement with it or a desire to develop it more? Do you share one or more of the things related to the three words above (time, talent, treasure)?
Philanthropy… It’s a complex activity with many aspects and layers. It’s an historical endeavor as well as a modern day industry. It has a calling and a changing reputation.
We could say it helps us coming together in a greater spirit of harmony for the definite purpose of doing more good in the world.
- Mastermind. We all have greater thoughts, at least sometimes. We all use aspects of it, to some degree. We all share in the effects of it, somehow. But what is your experience of it? Do you think you have a clear understanding of the word, the concept, its workings? Is there a feeling of not slightly ‘getting it,’ or perhaps connotations that go in various directions? Do you share your thoughts and feelings with two or more people in order to come to greater clarity and actionable plans?
Mastermind… It’s a complex concept for grasping something larger than our sole individualistic consciousness. It’s a greater term for bringing many things of thought together.
And it helps us transcend the current states of affairs in order to reach something that’s perceived as better.
So let’s bring it all together.
These five words of the year show us that we had time to develop our talents.
They show us that we might have lost part of our treasures but that there were also signs that new treasures were on the way. That we have learned that it matters to help one another, even when done remotely or first for our direct neighbors. And, these five words show us that there’s something greater at work for all of us, with us and through us.
So, what would then be the compelling thing we need to work on now for next year (and beyond)?
I think we can summarize it in one word…
This means we can work on goodness abound, meaning that it’s not just for one person or one group. It simply means that we use the five words of the year 2021 in relation to all other words, in order to think, talk and do more good in the world.
What words would you give to that? Share them in the comments when you share this article.
Maurits van Sambeek, MA
- Author of OmniBenevolence
PS: Do you want to read more on these words and their deeper meanings?
Then follow these links to valuable articles and resources:
- Time: (link to article on Time to Mastermind)
- Talent: (link to article series on New Leadership)
- Treasure: (link to article series on The Executive Philanthropist)
- Philanthropy: (link to ThePhilanthropyLeaderBlueprint.com)
- Mastermind: (link to The 5th Season Master Mind)
- BONUS: New Word for 2022 – OmniBenevolence<<direct link to buy the book)